Friday, August 31, 2018

Availability for Meetings

Dear brethren,

I wanted to mention that with some changes in my job schedule I currently have a good amount of flexibility in when I have to go to my (secular) employment.  I am not sure how long this will last for (and, after all, only God knows the future).  If you would be interested in having me come and preach for you, teach a block class, preach evangelistically in a series of meetings, have a debate with a non-Christian or pseudo-Christian religious system, or something else of the sort, please feel free to let me know, and I will see if it is possible to, under God's good providence, make it work out.  Right now it is relatively easy to be off Wednesday through Sunday.  With some advance planning, it is possible I can get off Monday and Tuesday as well.

You can see messages I have preached (relatively) recently, as well as things taught, here.  The "Most Important Message" is an illustration of evangelistic preaching (unfortunately, only the first part is live at this point), while several classes have parts of them live herehere, and here (more coming, Lord willing.)

2 comments:

Kent Brandenburg said...

It would be a good thing to use Thomas for a class. Look into what he teaches. There are few scholars among independent Baptists. Of the few there isn't a finer scholar IMO among independent Baptists. No one I know works harder. He is an active evangelist, faithful, and helpful.

This would help with training your people to use him. If you have men training for ministry or you want to offer a Bible institute class, you should use Thomas. Have each man chip in some money, pool it, and perhaps combine it with something else, maybe in another church close by that he could drive to. It would be worth it. The next year have him come for something else.

Another option is to have him teach a language class on skype or google hangout. It works. A few churches could get together and schedule a class at the same time and have Thomas teach first, second, or third year Greek, or as many years of Hebrew needed online.

You don't have to agree with him on everything to use him.

KJB1611 said...

Dear Bro Brandenburg,

Thank you for the kind words--they are appreciated.