Friday, November 23, 2018

WHAT IS TRUTH SABBATICAL

First, please read Thomas Ross's post below and the second post when it comes out.  It's very good and helpful.  I don't want you to miss because of this very, very small post.

I'm going on a sabbatical in writing here at What Is Truth.  I might spend some time with an index for the posts and finally publish that index (which I've already started), but for an undetermined amount of time, I will not be writing here. I welcome Thomas Ross to continue posting on Friday, but I won't for awhile, I don't know how long.  The blog will stay alive and I reserve the right for starting it up again.  There is enough for someone to keep busy for awhile without my writing one single post.

There are several reasons I'm taking this extended break.  One, is to show that I don't have to write here.  It's not something I have to do.  I believe I was doing it to help, and I know it has helped based on the feedback I've been given.  If what I've written is the truth, then I've helped people.  However, it isn't something I'm required to do or have to do.  It is not what defines me.  Second, I know there are people that would rather I would not write, who I care about, so I'm honoring them by not writing for an unspecified period of time.

Thank you for reading and for your support.

7 comments:

Jeff Voegtlin said...

Well, I hope it's just a Sabbatical and not a Jubilee

KJB1611 said...

I hope it is not that long. I believe that the blog is doing a great job making an impact on churches and the world with truth that is not widely disseminated in a lot of other places. I believe it is doing a lot of good advancing the kingdom of God and would hate to see that source of truth go away.

Kent Brandenburg said...

Thanks Jeff. I don't know how long it's going to be. It's open ended. It could be 7 days, 70 days or 700 days. It's probably closer to 7, but we'll see. I don't see it as permanent, but it could be.

Thanks.

KJB1611 said...

I suspect many of the people who have made the 1,787,947 pageviews on the blog (as of this moment) suspect the blog is valuable.

Bill Hardecker said...

Thank you for blogging. I hope that you will have an effective break and that you'll be "back in the saddle" again (the blogosphere saddle, ha!).

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog and have been blessed many times. If your sabbatical possibly ends up lasting only 7 days what would be the purpose of announcing such a short sabbatical?

Kent Brandenburg said...

Thanks for all the comments.

Anonymous,

I didn't have it in my mind, when I wrote this short post, for how long I would stop. I don't think it will be seven days, but I could start up any time I wanted. My reasons for the sabbatical diminished some about a day after I had them. They were subjective totally. I'm not as dedicated to stopping now, but I am still glad to to do a few other things without writing, and people would wonder why no posts were appearing for a whole week or month or whatever the time would be.

Thanks for asking.