Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Book Offer: "Disciplines for Disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ"

After starting a church in the San Francisco Bay Area in 1987, I wrote a thirty week discipleship manual then in 1991, titled, "Disciplines for Disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ."  This answered a couple scriptural imperatives.  First, the Great Commission is to make disciples, fulfilling the word "teach," the only imperative in Matthew 28:19-20.  Second, if making disciples is the work of the ministry, a pastor should equip the saints for making disciples in fulfillment of Ephesians 4:11-12.

When I grew up in an independent Baptist church and in fundamentalism, I never heard of discipleship.  I didn't even hear of discipleship in a well-known fundamental Baptist college.  I learned biblical exegesis at that time, so I understood Matthew 28:19-20.  I tied that together with Ephesians 4:11-12.  I read some books on discipleship.  The whole church is responsible for making disciples, but I believed the best is one-on-one.

In 1991, I first took everyone in the church through the thirty weeks.  The goal was for everyone to reproduce themselves in another spiritual generation.  Over the years, hundreds of people went through the discipleship.  Almost all of the ones who finished stuck in our church.  People took the discipleship elsewhere to other churches and more disciples were made there.  When my wife and I went to Oregon, we started every new believer on the discipleship.  The church is continuing with them there.

In the last three months, among other things I have been editing Disciplines for Disciples for printing and publication.  In a little over a week, I'm going to send it in for printing.  We are offering it at a pre-publication price of $8 apiece until I send it in for printing.  It is 162 pages, 8 1/2 x 11, two sided, black and white text, colored front and back cover, and spiral bound.  A teacher's edition, the answer key, will be separate for $25.  The publication price will be $11-12 dollars later.

If you want it pre-publication in the next week and a half, let me know at this email:  betbapt and then a very common ending @gmail.com.  It's a very good tool for fulfilling Matthew 28:18-20 and Ephesians 4:11-12.

No comments: