Thursday, June 07, 2007

Do You Evangelize?

How many bloggers evangelize? I don't mean in their blogs, if that could even be considered evangelization. I don't think that a blog could fulfill what the Bible tells us about evangelism. Something I read recently was the last verse of Acts 8. You may understand that chapter as Philip's evangelization of the Ethiopean, but that wasn't all. Most of us would have gone home for an iced tea or comfort beverage and a soft recliner. A computer screen is easy to confront. Have you proclaimed the gospel to anyone this week? Why not?

The model in Scripture is going and preaching. We work our way out concentrically from our place of assembling and talk to everyone, skillfully wielding God's Word as our spiritual weapon. Go ye into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this post. A lot of times, I read right past things like that last verse. Most of us would indeed be content with sharing the gospel with just one person, but Philip was faithful. May we never think we have done enough.

Anonymous said...

By God's grace I have given the Gospel this week. Pray for Shawn, a fourteen year old young man that I had the opportunity to witness to on the street in South Portland.

What a privilege.

Dave Mallinak said...

Yes, and sometimes more than I blog.