Thursday, December 13, 2007

Ah! vous dirai-je, Maman

You guys all know what I'm talking about, you know, the French song that inspired Wolfgang Mozart to compose his own twelve variations, and to which dozens of texts have become its music. Yes, my dear reader, I'm so excited that my youngest daughter, Gabrielle (Gabi), was able to play this beautiful, astronomical piece in her very first violin recital. I thought you might want to "share" it with me in the most appropriate sense of the word. My other two daughters also played pieces, the middle one a six page composition with a Russian word on the top. My oldest played beautifully, at least as I could understand as coming from her Russian speaking instructor. But we bring you Ah! vous dirai-je, Maman, with kudos to Mozart, you know, one phenom to another.
video

No comments: