Thursday, April 06, 2006

Church Member, Friend, Dies

One of our men died tonight. I was with him, his wife, and son and Jun and Sonia Balatbat in the emergency room. Carlos Lalisan. Carlos and his family came to our church 16 years ago and have been faithful members, all three of his children graduating from Bethel Christian Academy. This last summer, his daughter Emily was married in Virginia, and Carlos attended, though with a very, very weak heart. This last week his pacemaker had to kick start his heart five times. He went into the hospital and he just could not ever get better. Today he prayed that God would take him home and He did. He leaves his beloved wife Helen, sons Ben and Jeremiah, and his daughter Emily. For many years Carlos was the janitor at Bethel Christian Academy, so quite a few kids know him. Carlos was in church last Sunday. He was frail, but in good spirits. I know that in light of his poor health, he had gotten much closer to the Lord, doing what someone should do who knows the Lord when he senses time is short, that is, submit completely to God. For church members, let's rally around Helen and the family. For those reading my blog, pray for them and our church at this time. We are truly happy He is at home with the Lord and we sorrow not as others which have no hope.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had the privelege of meeting the Lalisan Family when I traveled twice to your church with the Fairhaven Ensemble. They took very good care of us. I knew them especially since I grew up in the Philippines (my mom is a 'Filipina'). I am sorry to hear that news, but not I would not sorrow like the world. We know where he is, and one day we will see each other again.